Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2019 Week 07 Hansard (Thursday, 1 August 2019) . . Page.. 2656 ..
Patient allegedly assaulted a member of public.
No attendance recorded.
This information was not referred to or detailed in the incident report. This is a matter for ACT Policing.
Medical treatment at Canberra Hospital.
Source = RiskMan Staff Incident Register and Riskman Clinical Incident Register from 1 July 2013 – 5 April 2019
Health—hydrotherapy(Question No 2423)
Mrs Dunne asked the Minister for Health and Wellbeing, upon notice, on 5 April 2019:
(1) On what date is the hydrotherapy pool at the Canberra Hospital to close.
(2) What are the plans for use of the space created by the closure.
(3) When will works begin to convert the space to its new use.
(4) What other suitable, publicly-funded hydrotherapy pools are available (a) on the south side and (b) on the north side of Canberra.
(5) What are the specifications for each publicly-funded hydrotherapy pool, including, but not limited to (a) length, (b) width, (c) depth, (d) water chemistry, (e) water temperature, (f) pool access, (g) pool equipment, (h) changing and bathroom facilities and (i) any other relevant specifications.
(6) What are the specifications as per part (3) for the hydrotherapy pool at the Canberra Hospital.
(7) What arrangements will be in place to ensure a seamless transition for existing pool-users to other suitable, publicly-funded hydrotherapy pool facilities.
(8) What analysis has been made of future demand for hydrotherapy services in the ACT.
(9) What is the capacity of existing publicly-funded hydrotherapy pools to cope with future demand.
Ms Fitzharris: The answer to the member’s question is as follows:
(1) The hydrotherapy pool at the Canberra Hospital will remain open for use by Arthritis ACT until an appropriate level of access at other suitable locations on the southside have been identified, subject to the life of the pool.
(2) This space within Canberra Hospital will be repurposed to suit Canberra Health Services (CHS) operational requirements as part of campus master planning aligned to Territory wide services planning.
(3) Subject to operational constraints and master planning, space conversion is expected in 2020.