Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2019 Week 07 Hansard (Tuesday, 30 July 2019) . . Page.. 2364 ..
experienced staff to undertake tree assessments and determine the appropriate management action.
The ACT Government is committed to replacement planting programs and is investigating options for increased planting, including opportunities for greater community involvement to leverage the enthusiasm and energy of many residents to assist with this important task.
Thank you for raising this matter. I trust this information is of assistance.
ANU public transport—petition 6-19
By Mr Steel, Minister for Transport and City Services, dated 3 July 2019, in response to a petition lodged by Mrs Kikkert on 21 March 2019 concerning viable public transport for the ANU.
The response read as follows:
Dear Mr Duncan
Thank you for your letter of 21 March 2019 regarding petition No 6-19 lodged by Mrs Elizabeth Kikkert MLA regarding public transport services for the Australian National University (ANU).
The ACT Government launched an integrated public transport network of bus and light rail services on 29 April 2019. This new network makes it easier for more students to get around our city on buses and light rail, every day of the week.
The new network includes a range of frequent, direct public transport services for students and staff travelling to the Australian National University. This includes:
• Rapid 1 Light Rail from Gungahlin to the City, stopping at the City Interchange;
• Rapid 2 from Fraser to Fyshwick, stopping near ANU on Barry Drive, Rimmer Street and Marcus Clarke Street;
• Rapid 3 from Spence to Canberra International Airport, stopping near the ANU on Barry Drive, Rimmer Street and Marcus Clarke Street;
• Rapid 4 from Tuggeranong to Belconnen, stopping near the ANU on Barry Drive, Rimmer Street and Marcus Clarke Street;
• Rapid 5 from Lanyon to City West, stopping near the ANU at City West;
• Rapid 6 from Woden to City West via Narrabundah, stopping near the ANU at City West;
• Rapid 7 from Weston Creek to City West, stopping near the ANU at City West;
• Rapid 10 from Denman Prospect to City West, stopping near the ANU at City West;
• Route 50 from Watson to the City via Lyneham, stopping near the ANU on Boldrewood Street, Rimmer Street and Marcus Clarke Street;
• Route 53 from Dickson to the National Museum via Ainslie, stopping near the ANU at City West and along Liversidge Street; and
• Peak routes 180, 181 and 182 from southern Tuggeranong to City West, stopping near the ANU at City West.