Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2018 Week 13 Hansard (Thursday, 29 November 2018) . . Page.. 5327 ..
In relation to the answer to question on notice No 1868, by frequency for each of the meeting types mentioned in the ministerial statement delivered in the Assembly on 23 October 2018, (a) 240 one-on-one meetings, (b) 58 presentations and group forums, (c) seven leadership workshops, (d) four all-staff forums and (e) 11 external stakeholder meetings, (i) what were the top five pieces of feedback that ACT Health received as a result of those events and (ii) did those pieces of feedback influence or otherwise change the planned approach to the restructure of ACT Health; if so, what changes were made; if not, why not.
Ms Fitzharris: The answer to the member’s question is as follows:
(i) Feedback received at each meeting, presentation, workshop and group forum was used to inform and progressively build each session. Each session tested the views of previous sessions and refined the development of the structures of the two organisations. The top five themes of feedback received during these sessions were:
a. Context and evolution of the ACT Health system;
b. Functions and capabilities required for each organisation to be successful;
c. Functional groupings and the descriptions, purpose and responsibilities of these functional groups;
d. Roles, responsibilities and the importance of a clear governance structure to support decision making; and
e. Collaboration and communication.
(ii) All feedback received was considered and analysed for its applicability to the current functional structures to both Canberra Health Services and the ACT Health Directorate. Some feedback resulted in further exploration of options for the allocation of functions across organisations, while other feedback led to improvements in the content and terminology used in staff communication materials.
ACT Health—staffing(Question No 2018)
Mrs Dunne asked the Minister for Health and Wellbeing, upon notice, on 2 November 2018:
(1) What new positions, by position title and classification, were created in (a) ACT Health and (b) Canberra Health Services, between 15 September 2018 and the date on which this question was published in the Questions on Notice Paper.
(2) Which of those positions have been filled as permanent appointments (a) from existing staff and (b) via external recruitment.
(3) Which of those positions have been filled as temporary or interim appointments (a) from existing staff and (b) via external recruitment.
(4) Which of those positions have been filled as acting appointments.
(5) How many staff employed under the previous single structure are yet to find a position in the new structure in (a) ACT Health and (b) Canberra Health Services as at the date this question was published on the Questions on Notice Paper.