Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2018 Week 13 Hansard (Thursday, 29 November 2018) . . Page.. 5325 ..
(1) The Multicultural Advisory Council is engaged in a range of activities related to the Multicultural Framework First Action Plan and the development of the Second Action Plan including planning the ACT Multicultural Summit. Options to progress the ‘Honorary Ambassador’ Program will be considered following the ACT Multicultural Summit on 23 November 2018.
The ‘Honorary Ambassador’ Program was an action under the Framework for 2017-18 and will be considered for development and implementation following the ACT Multicultural Summit on 23 November 2018.
(2) The selection and appointment criteria for the multicultural ‘Honorary Ambassador’ Program is yet to be developed.
(3) A previous ‘Honorary Ambassador’ Program was established in 2001 in the first year of the Stanhope Government. Three appointments were made.
(4) The 2001 program was called the Canberra Ambassador Program. In 2014, the ACT Government established a student ambassador program to promote the benefits of studying in the ACT to other cultures around the world.
Study Canberra currently administers a Student Ambassador Program to tell the story of some of the exceptional individuals who chose to study in Canberra.
ACT Health—policy framework(Question No 2012)
Mrs Kikkert asked the Minister for Health and Wellbeing, upon notice, on 26 October 2018:
Will there be a Co-ordinating Framework for ACT Health Framework for 2019 onwards; if so, when will the framework be published.
Ms Fitzharris: The answer to the member’s question is as follows:
ACT Health Directorate is in the early stages of developing a new cultural diversity framework. This work will progress during 2019. Until a new framework is developed, in consultation with the community, the existing framework remains current.
Roads—Magrath Crescent(Question No 2013)
Mrs Kikkert asked the Minister for Roads, upon notice, on 26 October 2018:
(1) Have any traffic studies been conducted for Magrath Crescent in the past five years; if so, what statistics and/or other relevant information was reported in regards to speeding on this road.
(2) Will the Government investigate speeding along Magrath Crescent and consider installing speed humps; if so, when will investigation commence.