Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2018 Week 13 Hansard (Thursday, 29 November 2018) . . Page.. 5221 ..
(1) One week prior to the event, final attendee numbers must be provided to the venue for catering purposes. At that time, there were 169 confirmed acceptances, therefore the venue was asked to cater for 170.
(2) Morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea.
(3) Morning tea
Scones topped jam and cream
Fresh seasonal fruit
Beef bourguignon w/ rice pilaff
Smoked paprika and herb marinated chicken w/ yoghurt dressing
Eggplant and ricotta crepe w/ roasted tomato and basil sauce
Green salad w/ avocado, cherry tomatoes and cucumber
Bread rolls w/ butter
Fresh seasonal fruit
Cheeses w/ crackers, dried fruits and lavosh
Assorted dips w/ fresh Turkish bread
(4) Dr Bruce McCabe.
(5) Dr Bruce McCabe is a futurist, writer and international keynote speaker who presents on the technologies changing our world. He has a PhD in organisational and technological innovation and for thirty years has explored how people innovate and how people adopt new technologies. He has served as advisor to a long list of multinationals, governments, universities, the CSIRO and National ICT Australia, and founded or co-founded several ventures, including KPMG’s Innovation Advisory practice and a cloud-based disaster recovery start-up subsequently sold to Unitrends.
Bruce McCabe was chosen as a suitable speaker as the event focussed largely on the future of ACT Health as we transitioned to forming to two distinct organisations. As a futurist, Bruce McCabe’s presentation focussed on research, innovation and technological developments impacting healthcare in the next 5 to 10 years. His presentation was grounded on research, evidence base and first-hand experience and 1 on 1 conversations with leading thinkers and scientists around the world.
(6) Three speakers were approached to provide a quote. Two quotes were received, one speaker was unavailable for the event and did not provide a quote. This method was used as it fell in the ACTPS Procurement Guidelines for a ‘Basic Purchasing’ (purchases under $25,000).
(7) All costs are GST inclusive. Speaker fee $10,450, airfares $775.53, accommodation $184.68, Airport parking $122.00, Canberra Taxis $28.40 and $25.20. Total $11,585.81.
(8) The topic was ‘The healthcare opportunity’.
(9) Mr McCabe spoke ad lib using a number of slides, which are attached a Attachment A.
(A copy of the attachment is available at the Chamber Support Office).