Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2018 Week 13 Hansard (Thursday, 29 November 2018) . . Page.. 5185 ..
(a) examine matters related to corruption and integrity in public administration;
(b) inquire into and report on matters referred to it by the Assembly or matters that are considered by the Committee to be of concern to the community;
(c) perform all functions required of it pursuant to the Integrity Commission Act 2018; and
(d) monitor, review and report on the performance of the Integrity Commission and the Inspector of the Integrity Commission or the exercise of the powers and functions of the Integrity Commission and the Inspector of the Integrity Commission, including examining the annual reports of the Integrity Commission and the Inspector of the Integrity Commission and any other reports made by the Commission;
(2) nothing in this resolution authorises the Committee to investigate a matter relating to particular conduct or to reconsider a decision to investigate, not to investigate or to discontinue an investigation of a particular complaint made to the Commission, or to reconsider the findings, recommendations, determinations or other decisions of the Commission or the Inspector in relation to a particular investigation or complaint;
(3) the Committee shall be composed of a Member nominated by the Government, a Member nominated by the Opposition and a Member to be nominated by the Crossbench;
(4) the Chair shall be an Opposition Member;
(5) the Committee be provided with the necessary staff, facilities and resources; and
(6) nominations for membership of this Committee be notified in writing to the Speaker within two hours following the passage of this resolution.
I draw to everyone’s attention the fact that this is a follow-on from the quite significant legislation we have passed. This will establish a standing committee. It will be a three-member committee. It will be chaired by the opposition. As I understand it, nominations for membership will be notified in writing within two hours following this, but I do not propose to be here in two hours. I suggest that things be done quickly. We have one more motion to be moved; so members have time to come to the Clerk and provide those names. I commend the motion to the Assembly.
Question resolved in the affirmative.
MS J BURCH (Brindabella) (9.18): I move:
That the following continuing resolution be adopted:
Dealing with claims of parliamentary privilege that arise during the exercise of the ACT Integrity Commission’s powers and functions
(1) The Assembly: