Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2018 Week 11 Hansard (Thursday, 25 October 2018) . . Page.. 4389 ..
(7) Were there any maternal deaths associated with pregnancy, birth, or the puerperium; if so, how many.
(8) Were there any infants discharged to the wrong family; if so, how many.
(9) Has the Australian Commission on Safety and Quality in Health Care finished its review of the National Sentinel Events List; if so (a) when, (b) what conclusions were drawn and (c) what recommendations were made.
(10) When is the COAG Health Council due to consider the review of the National Sentinel Events List.
Ms Fitzharris: The answer to the member’s question is as follows:
(3) One surgical procedure resulted in retained material which required further surgical procedure.
(10) Before the National Sentinel Events List can be reviewed by COAG Health Council, the Australian Commission on Safety and Quality in Health Care’s (ACSQHC) Inter-Jurisdictional Committee need to seek endorsement of the revised sentinel event list at its meeting in early October 2018. If the revised Australian Sentinel Events List is agreed by the Inter-Jurisdictional Committee, it will then progress to the Australian Health Ministers’ Advisory Council and then to COAG Health Council for endorsement.
ACT Health—disciplinary action(Question No 1737)
Mrs Dunne asked the Minister for Health and Wellbeing, upon notice, on 21 September 2018:
(1) Has the Minister’s Directorate had to take disciplinary action against any staff in the period between 1 January 2017 and the date this question was placed on the notice paper; if yes (a) how many staff were disciplined, (b) what was the nature of the offences and (c) what range of penalties were imposed.