Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2018 Week 11 Hansard (Thursday, 25 October 2018) . . Page.. 4339 ..
Ms Berry: The answer to the member’s question is as follows:
(1) The facilities at Campbell were constructed during the 2013-14 financial year.
(2) The total cost for the project was $145,000.00 ex GST.
(3) ACT Veterans Athletics Club.
(4) AFL Canberra and Weston Creek Little Athletics had bookings during the last financial year.
(5) AFL Canberra – had four Wednesday afternoon bookings last year in November 2017 for training. Weston Creek Little Athletics – had fourteen one hour booking for every Monday and Wednesday from 29 January 2018 until 21 March 2018.
(6) The Territory provides community sports with supporting infrastructure such as throwing cages, goal posts, and cricket nets. Assets may also be utilised by recreation users. Conditions are only identified under formal hire arrangements.
Planning—Woden(Question No 1698)
Ms Le Couteur asked the Minister for Planning and Land Management, upon notice, on 24 August 2018:
In relation to planning for social educational, recreational and cultural facilities in Woden Town Centre and the Government response to the Standing Committee on Planning and Urban Renewal Report 3, Draft Variation to the Territory Plan No 344 Woden Town Centre: Zone Changes and Amendments to the Phillip Precinct Map and Code, which Government-provided social, educational, recreational and cultural facilities are planned for based on a (a) Woden Valley-only catchment and (b) the Woden Valley plus Weston Creek, or Woden Valley plus Weston Creek plus Molonglo.
Mr Gentleman: The answer to the member’s question is as follows:
The Government considers and plans for community facilities and services subject to a range of factors that are not always based on geographical considerations (e.g. catchments). For example, factors considered include current availability and level of service, facility requirements, private and public service delivery options, current and future service demand and use (including consideration of population trends), and cost and value to the community.
Announced future Government provided services within the Woden and Weston creek areas include:
• a new Molonglo primary school, announced in 2018-19 Budget which will provide places for 600 students from Kindergarten to Year 6 and places for 44 pre-schoolers – with space for future growth. The school will be ready to accept students from the start of the 2021 school year.
• the Stromlo Leisure Centre, located at Stromlo Forest Park which is currently under construction and is expected to cater for Molonglo, Weston Creek and Woden residents. It is expected that the facility will be completed in early 2020.