Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2018 Week 11 Hansard (Thursday, 25 October 2018) . . Page.. 4327 ..
(2) What is the current utilisation rate.
(3) Is demand growing over time.
Ms Fitzharris: The answer to the member’s question is as follows:
(1) The Mawson Park & Ride facility has 64 signposted Park & Ride car parking spaces, 4 Disabled parking spaces, 85 non signposted car parking spaces and 24 bike parking spaces in the secure bike storage facility.
(2) Based on recent observation, the Park & Ride carpark spaces are between 90% and 100% occupied between the hours of 8:00am and 5:00pm on weekdays and up to 30% occupied at weekends.
(3) Observations also suggest that use of this carpark has been steadily increasing.
Roads—Ginninderra Drive(Question No 1643)
Mrs Kikkert asked the Minister for Transport and City Services, upon notice, on 17 August 2018 (redirected to the Minister for Roads):
(1) Are there any plans to construct a bypass lane for Ginninderra Drive, extending from Flynn to Charnwood as a means to reduce traffic congestion and improve road safety at this intersection; if so, what is the current progress of this plan and what is the estimated timeframe for its completion, if not; why not and will the Government consider a bypass lane for Ginninderra Drive as a future upgrade.
(2) Has the Government considered the possibility of constructing a bypass lane at this location in the past; if so, what were the results of this consideration.
Mr Steel: The answer to the member’s question is as follows:
(1) Due to current usage levels, there is no immediate plan to undertake the duplication of Ginninderra Drive from Florey Drive to its termination west of Archdall Street. The duplication of this section of Ginninderra Drive will be reviewed with the timing of delivery of the Ginninderry Development.
(2) Duplication for this section of Ginninderra Drive has not been considered in the past due to existing traffic volumes not warranting an upgrade. Signalisation of Ginninderra Drive and Tillyard Drive and Tillyard Drive and Lhotsky Street is planned and was funded as part of the 2018-19 Capital Works program. The signalisation will improve safety and network operation.
Children and young people—adoptions(Question No 1645)
Mrs Kikkert asked the Minister for Disability, Children and Youth, upon notice, on 17 August 2018 (redirected to the Minister for Children, Youth and Families):