Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2018 Week 10 Hansard (Thursday, 20 September 2018) . . Page.. 4022 ..
(5) Where are the negotiations up to for this year’s use of the Arboretum.
(6) When will a decision be made as to if the Sri Chinmoy will be allowed to use the Arboretum for this year’s 100km + run.
Ms Berry: The answer to the member’s question is as follows:
(1) The National Arboretum Canberra provides access to a large variety of events that can be accommodated within the confines of the Arboretum location. All events (commercial and community) are reviewed for timing and site impact by the Arboretum’s Events Team, before being provided permission to proceed.
(2) The National Arboretum Canberra has a 2018 and 2019 Pricing Policy for its events and functions available to the public on its website located here: https://www.nationalarboretum.act.gov.au/functions/2018-venues-fees-and-charges
(3) The National Arboretum Canberra’s pricing policy is benchmarked with similar spaces and organisations with hire fees. The National Arboretum Canberra Pricing Policy is reviewed every two years.
(4) The Sri Chinmoy event has paid a total of $2748.00 for eight events over the past four years (ie two events per year) from 2013-2017. This total averages to approximately $343.00 per event.
(5) The National Arboretum Canberra approved the 2018 event application by Sri Chimnoy and has informed the organisation.
(6) See (5).
Government—free wi-fi(Question No 1692)
Ms Lawder asked the Minister for Economic Development, upon notice, on 24 August 2018 (redirected to the Minister for Trade, Industry and Investment):
(1) How many people access the ACT Government free wi-fi each year at (a) Tuggeranong, (b) Woden, (c) Civic, (d) Belconnen, (e) Weston Creek and (f) Gungahlin.
(2) How many local shops have Canberra free wi-fi access points.
(3) How is it considered where Canberra free wi-fi access points are placed.
(4) How are local coffee shops considered for Canberra Free wi-fi access points.
(5) Are there any plans to place Canberra free wi-fi access points at Erindale shopping centre.
(6) Has there been any investigation into installing access points at Erindale; if so, can the Minister provide a copy of any findings.