Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2018 Week 10 Hansard (Thursday, 20 September 2018) . . Page.. 4001 ..
Government—facilities booking system(Question No 1626)
Mrs Kikkert asked the Minister for Multicultural Affairs, upon notice, on 3 August 2018:
(1) What specific obstacles and/or concerns were identified during the initial scoping phase for a coordinated booking venue system, where it resulted in the determination that there was “not an obvious single capability across government that would meet community needs for a booking system” in relation to the Action Plan 2016-17 from the ACT Multicultural Framework 2015-2020.
(2) What ACT Government facilities and infrastructure are currently available to the public for booking.
(3) When can the public expect to see the launch of the following booking systems currently under development for (a) sportsground bookings and (b) camp ground bookings.
(4) What other booking systems are currently under development to assist community members with convenient access to ACT Government facilities and infrastructure in relation to replacing the online community coordinated venue booking system.
(5) What other ACT Government venues and facilities are being considered for booking system development and are there plans for a booking system to be developed in the future for ACT public school facilities; if so, why; if not, why not.
Mr Steel: The answer to the member’s question is as follows:
(1) In 2017, the Chief Minister, Treasury and Economic Development Directorate made available funding for initial scoping work on a coordinated venue booking system. In late 2017, the scoping phase showed there was not an obvious single capability across government that would meet community needs for a booking system. A number of booking systems are under development to assist community members to access facilities.
The Office of the Chief Digital Officer had looked at the feasibility of creating a whole of government community facilities booking portal. The discovery phase of the project was finalised in June 2017, and a range of areas across government were consulted to assess the need and viability of commissioning a whole of government solution. The Office of Multicultural Affairs was one of the areas consulted. The Digital Services Governance Committee decided not to pursue a single government solution, as each of the booking processes were too different in nature and specificity.
As a result, campground bookings alone was chosen for further development.
(2) ACT Community facilities and infrastructures that are currently available for public bookings include various venues, arts facilities, cultural facilities, educational rooms, sportsgrounds, public spaces, and a number of ACT Emergency Services stations.
(3) Access Canberra is currently working on a system for campground bookings. Work on booking systems is ongoing across Directorates and will be made available to the public as systems are developed.