Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2018 Week 10 Hansard (Thursday, 20 September 2018) . . Page.. 3999 ..
(3) How long is this amnesty expected to be in effect.
(4) Has the number of illegal firearms seized in the ACT had an impact on planning for the next firearms amnesty.
Mr Gentleman: The answer to the member’s question is as follows:
(1) Between 1 January 2018 – 30 June 2018, ACT Policing seized 76 illegal firearms. Seizures include firearms seized by police in police operations as well as firearms voluntarily surrendered. The breakdown of these seizures is provided at ‘Attachment A’. The table shows a higher number of seizures in 2017 reflecting the most recent amnesty.
(2) No firearms amnesty is scheduled in the immediate future. The most recent amnesty period was available to members of the public less than 12 months ago. It was held between 1 July 2017 and 30 September 2017.
(3) This question does not arise (see answer to (2)).
(4) No. Members of the public are able to lawfully surrender unregistered firearms, in the event they acquire these, to ACT Policing or a licenced firearms dealer, and are legally obliged to do so as soon as possible.
(A copy of the attachment is available at the Chamber Support Office).
Roads—National Capital Plan(Question No 1619)
Mr Coe asked the Minister for Transport and City Services, upon notice, on 3 August 2018 (redirected to the Minister for Roads):
(1) What is the current status of Monash Drive’s removal from the National Capital Plan.
(2) When was the removal of Monash Drive from the National Capital Plan first proposed, (a) by whom and (b) what has prevented or delayed the Monash Drive from being removed from the National Capital Plan since it was first proposed.
(3) When (a) did the negotiations between the ACT Government and the National Capital Authority commence, (b) are scheduled to conclude and (c) is Monash Drive expected to be removed from the National Capital Plan.
(4) Has the Government provided the National Capital Authority with all requested and relevant information or documents in relation to the removal of Monash Drive from the National Capital Plan; if so, what information or documents (a) were requested by the National Capital Authority and on what date the request was made and (b) have been provided by the ACT Government and on what date they were provided; if not, (a) what information is the National Capital Authority waiting to be provided with and (b) why the information or documents have not been provided and what date they will be provided to the National Capital Authority.