Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2018 Week 08 Hansard (Thursday, 16 August 2018) . . Page.. 3183 ..
(2) (a) Yes, on several occasions. As many of the discussions were informal in nature it is not possible to provide a list of dates.
(b) With the Director-General of ACT Health, the Minister for Mental Health, the Chief Minister and the Head of Service.
(c) The PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) report titled ‘Australian Health Departments and Directorates – Governance Scan’ was provided to the Minister for Health and Wellbeing.
(e) The Minister for Health and Wellbeing concluded the restructure was the appropriate course of action.
(f) The Minister discussed this matter with the Minister for Mental Health, the Chief Minister and the Head of Service.
(g) Discussions between ministers and the Head of Service were held on several occasions.
(3) There were no formal briefings provided to the Minister for Health and Wellbeing by ACT Health in relation to an organisational separation prior to 15 March 2018. The PwC report titled ‘Australian Health Departments and Directorates – Governance Scan’ was informally provided to the Office for the Minister for Health and Wellbeing by ACT Health on 22 December 2017 via email.
(4) 16 March 2018.
(5) There was a discussion between the former Director-General and the Minister for Health and Wellbeing on 16 March 2018, and the conclusion reached was that the former Director-General would seek other opportunities. Ministers discussed the issue of executive leadership as part of broader discussions about the restructure of ACT Health.
ACT Health—proposed organisational changes(Question No 1497)
Mrs Dunne asked the Minister for Mental Health, upon notice, on 8 June 2018:
(1) In relation to the answer, dated 10 May 2018, given to the question without notice taken on notice on 11 April 2018, on what date did the Minister become aware that the Chief Minister had agreed formally, on 15 March 2018, to a proposed restructure of the Health Directorate.
(2) Was the Minister at any time before 15 March 2018, involved in any discussions about the proposal to restructure the Health Directorate; if so, (a) on what dates were those discussions, (b) with whom were those discussions held, (c) what evidence was provided to the Minister in support of the proposal, (d) did the Minister undertake his own analysis of that evidence, (e) what conclusions did the Minister draw, (f) to whom did the Minister convey those conclusions and (g) on what dates did the Minister convey those conclusions.