Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2018 Week 08 Hansard (Thursday, 16 August 2018) . . Page.. 3176 ..
mechanisms and perimeter surveillance by staff or security. The ACT Government does not mandate which option retailers should use for trolley containment. This is a commercial decision made by each of the retailers.
(5) City rangers use publicly available apps to report abandoned trolleys to the relevant retailer.
(6) (a) 0 fines issued. (b) 0 fines issued, however where trolleys were seized and impounded in the past, retailers were required to pay an impoundment fee before the trolley was released.
Municipal services—street lights(Question No 1491)
Ms Lawder asked the Minister for Transport and City Services, upon notice, on 11 May 2018 (redirected to the Acting Minister for Transport and City Services):
(1) In relation to the street light contract with Electrix, what performance indicators have been included in the seven year contract with Electrix.
(2) How often will (a) these performance indicators be reviewed and (b) the contract be reviewed.
(3) How many street lights are there in the ACT.
(4) How many street lights were reported broken or not working as of 1 May 2018.
(5) Has this backlog of broken or not working street lights been fixed.
(6) How long has Electrix been given to clear the backlog.
(7) How will new requests to fix lights coming in be prioritised over existing or backlog jobs.
(8) What is the estimated date for the backlog of requests to be completed.
Mr Gentleman: The answer to the member’s question is as follows:
(1) Performance indicators are provided in the General Conditions of Deed – Energy Performance Contract for Territory Streetlight Assets (EPC) and found in Schedule 17 and 20.
(2) The EPC abatement regime is outlined in Schedule 17 and 20, and is assessed on a monthly basis.
(3) Approximately 80,000.
(4) 2,130 lights were registered as requiring maintenance.
(5) No. Roads ACT has separately engaged Electrix to repair pre-existing defects as at the commencement of the current contract.