Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2018 Week 08 Hansard (Thursday, 16 August 2018) . . Page.. 3135 ..
Answers to questions
Planning—Yarralumla(Question No 1333)
Ms Lee asked the Minister for Planning and Land Management, upon notice, on 11 May 2018 (redirected to the Minister for Urban Renewal):
(1) What is the status of consultations with affected Yarralumla residents in respect of the developer’s application to vary the Heritage Council register to allow the approval of 15 additional large blocks on the area known as the quarry spur.
(2) Why have neither the Minister, nor the Minister’s office, responded to repeated requests by affected landholders for a meeting or other advice on intended action on this issue.
(3) When will the matter be resolved and a final decision on the application made.
(4) Who is charged with responsibility for the final decision in respect of this application to alter the Heritage Council register to give planning approval for the 15 additional blocks requested by the developer and when will that decision be made.
(5) When will affected landholders be advised of the decision.
(6) What appeal process is available to affected landholders if they disagree with the decision.
Mr Gentleman: The answer to the member’s question is as follows:
1. Currently no applications for heritage or planning approvals have been made for the quarry spur. Any proposal to amend the ACT Heritage Register entry for the Yarralumla Brickworks, including the quarry spur, would be considered by the ACT Heritage Council on application.
Future redevelopment proposals for the heritage area would also be considered by the ACT Heritage Council under the Heritage Act 2004, in addition to approvals sought under the Planning and Development Act 2007.
2. I have now responded to correspondence received and my office has met with an affected home owner.
3. Please refer to the response to question 1.
4. Please refer to the response to question 1.
5. Please refer to the response to question 1.
6. Please refer to the response to question 1.