Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2018 Week 06 Hansard (Thursday, 7 June 2018) . . Page.. 2336 ..
(2) Details of individual routes and frequencies will be released as part of the second stage of community consultation.
(3) The results of Stage 2 will be released following the completed consultation.
Bimberi Youth Justice Centre—staffing(Question No 1456)
Mrs Kikkert asked the Minister for Disability, Children and Youth, upon notice, on 11 May 2018:
(1) In relation to the recruitment drive for Bimberi Youth Justice Centre in the ACT, (a) how many recruitment rounds for staff have been undertaken since November 2016, (b) when did they occur, (c) how many applicants were received for each recruitment round, (d) how many applicants were successful for a position at Bimberi for each recruitment round and (e) how many staff left their positions after being trained.
(2) What staff positions have been recruited for since November 2016.
(3) What staff positions are currently vacant and awaiting recruitment.
(4) What types of employees are sought for each staff position ie full time, part time, casual etc.
(5) What is the criteria in order for an applicant to be successful in being recruited.
(6) What qualifications are sought in applicants.
(7) How many staff are currently employed at Bimberi.
(8) What is the nature of the seven week induction period that all successful applicants undergo before commencing work.
(9) Do successful applicants work directly with or otherwise come into contact with detainees at Bimberi during their training period.
(10) Is there full time payment for undertaking the seven week induction; if not, do successful applicants receive payment for the seven week induction and what is the payment amount.
(11) What other training is provided to staff outside of the seven week induction period.
(12) Who provides and carries out the seven week induction.
(13) What are the qualifications of the staff that carry out the seven week induction.
(14) How are the staff trained and supported in carrying out the seven week induction for successful applicants.
Ms Stephen-Smith: The answer to the member’s question is as follows: