Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2018 Week 06 Hansard (Thursday, 7 June 2018) . . Page.. 2312 ..
Land—block 23, city(Question No 1338)
Mr Coe asked the Chief Minister, upon notice, on 11 May 2018:
(1) What date was City Block 23 Section 19 first identified by the City Renewal Authority (CRA), or previously by another Government entity, for land release.
(2) Has the ACT Government previously received or considered any internal or external expressions of interests, or proposals regarding the sale or development of City Block 23 Section 19; if so, can the Chief Minister provide the (a) date the ACT Government received the expression of interest or proposal, (b) nature of the expression of interest, sale or development proposal and (c) entity, internal or external, who expressed interest or made the proposal.
(3) What is the estimated value of City Block 23 Section 19.
(4) Will the works currently being undertaken on City Block 23 Section 19 affect the value stated in part (3); if so, can the Chief Minister outline how they will affect the value, and provide an estimated value after they are completed; if not, why not.
(5) How many public car parking spaces will the new owner or developer be required to provide if City Block 23 Section 19 is sold or released by the CRA.
Mr Barr: The answer to the member’s question is as follows:
(1) Block 23 Section 19 City was Included on the 2008-09 to 2012-13 Indicative Land Release Program – scheduled for release in 2008-09. The site was released for auction on 21 June 2010 and did not sell.
(3) There has been no recent valuation undertaken on this site, therefore no accurate value can be provided.
(4) A planning study will identify the opportunity for the sales release and development of part block 23 Section 19. It will be this opportunity that can then be used to establish a value for the saleable portion of Block 23 Section 19 City.
(5) The Environment, Planning and Sustainable Development Directorate will need to determine the number of replacement parks required when a development application is lodged for Block 23 Section 19 City by the new owner or developer for redevelopment of the site.
Land—title system modernisation program(Question No 1339)
Mr Coe asked the Chief Minister, upon notice, on 11 May 2018 (redirected to the Minister for Regulatory Services):
(1) Can the Chief Minister provide an update on the Land Title System Modernisation Program, including the (a) initiatives and expected outcomes of the program, and