Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2018 Week 03 Hansard (Thursday, 22 March 2018) . . Page.. 1063 ..
(2) Who within the Education Directorate made the decision as to which schools would accept NSW student enrolments.
(3) Will these restrictions have any impact upon currently enrolled NSW students to continue studying at their current ACT public school.
(4) Will the restrictions inhibit NSW students continuing from their current ACT (a) primary school to a nearby ACT high school or (b) high school to a nearby ACT college.
(5) In which ACT public schools are NSW parents able to enrol their children to study.
(6) Why were these schools selected to allow NSW student enrolments.
(7) Was the geographic position of the schools taken into consideration prior to the decision to limit NSW student enrolments; if not, why not; if so, was the proximity to the NSW/ACT border or to major employment hubs considered.
(8) Was school performance taken into consideration prior to the decision to limit NSW student enrolments.
(9) Which, if any, of the permitted schools, perform above the ACT average in NAPLAN, ATAR or other academic performance measures.
(10) What were the student numbers and capacity statistics for the schools NSW students were permitted to attend for the academic years of (a) 2014, (b) 2015, (c) 2016 and (d) 2017.
(11) Which, if any, of the schools where NSW students are permitted to enrol are now, or have in the past four years, been operating at or below 80 percent capacity.
Ms Berry: The answer to the member’s question is as follows:
(1) Students that were going to be subject to the new arrangements from NSW families enrolling in ACT schools for the first time were advised by email and letters on 22 November 2017 of the new arrangements. Continuing students were not immediately impacted and were consequently not separately informed.
(2) The Director General has responsibility for establishing priority enrolment areas.
(3) The answer to this question is available in the Frequently Answered Questions on the Directorate’s website at: https://www.education.act.gov.au/school_education/enrolling_in_an_act_public_school/nsw-resident-enrolments/frequently-asked-questions
(4) The answer to this question is available in the Frequently Answered Questions on the Directorate’s website at: https://www.education.act.gov.au/school_education/enrolling_in_an_act_public_school/nsw-resident-enrolments/frequently-asked-questions
(5) Schools identified to accept NSW students can be found on the ACT Education website through the link below. https://www.education.act.gov.au/school_education/enrolling_in_an_act_public_school/nsw-resident-enrolments.