Next page . . . . Previous page . . . . Speeches . . . . Contents . . . . Sittings . . . . PDF . . . . Video

Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2018 Week 02 Hansard (Thursday, 22 February 2018) . . Page.. 658 ..

Mr Gentleman: The answer to the member’s question is as follows:

(1) No monitoring of the local NBN is undertaken by the ACT Government, with the exception of certificate of electrical safety for the connections to the electrical network for the node as a precursor to energisation, by ACTEWAGL Distribution.

(2) The NBN is regulated by the Australian Government.

(3) Transport Canberra and City Services’ (TCCS) role is to ensure NBN installation does not adversely impact on the quality of Territory owned assets such as paths, roads, utility services, trees and street lighting.

(4) TCCS is the Directorate responsible for actioning complaints or concerns relating to the damage of Territory assets or the inconvenience to the operation of facilities such as paths and approved driveways.

Water—Lake Burley Griffin(Question No 891)

Ms Lee asked the Chief Minister, upon notice, on 16 February 2018 (redirected to the Minister for Regulatory Services):

(1) When did the ACT Government grant approval for water to be pumped from Lake Burley Griffin to Parliament House.

(2) Are there any conditions under which approval was granted; if so, what are those conditions.

(3) Does this approval have an expiry or renewal date; if so, what is that date.

(4) What financial considerations, if any, are involved in the arrangement.

(5) Was there any assessment undertaken to consider the environmental impacts of this arrangement; if so, (a) when was the assessment undertaken, (b) what were the results of that assessment and (c) have the results of the assessment been made public; if not, (a) why wasn’t an assessment undertaken and (b) does the Government have any plans to undertake a review of the environment impacts of this arrangement.

Mr Ramsay: The answer to the member’s question is as follows:

(1) The ACT Government issued a Water Access Entitlement (WAE) to the Commonwealth Department of Parliamentary Services (DPS) on 28 November 2014. A Licence to Take Water, based on the WAE has not yet been granted. A Licence may be issued once physical infrastructure for water abstraction has been installed and DPS apply for a Licence.

(2) The WAE restricts water use to Parliament House (Capital Hill Block 2 Section 1; Block 2 Section 10; Block 2 Section 11; Block 1 Section 12 and Block 1 Section 13) and cannot be traded. If a Licence is granted there will be a number of conditions (e.g. reporting, metering, and annual volume of water use) in the Licence.

Next page . . . . Previous page . . . . Speeches . . . . Contents . . . . Sittings . . . . PDF . . . . Video