Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2017 Week 14 Hansard (Thursday, 30 November 2017) . . Page.. 5509 ..
How many deaths were caused in the ACT during 2016 by (a) benzodiazepines, (b) pharmaceutical opioids, (c) heroin, (d) methamphetamines, (e) party drugs such as MDMA and (f) other drugs.
Ms Fitzharris: The answer to the member’s question is as follows:
1. Data for 2016 coded with cause of death is not yet available. Data on ACT deaths is collected and maintained by the ACT Registrar of Births, Deaths and Marriages. Cause of Death codes are provided by the Australian Coordinating Registry (ACR).
The Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) have published data for 2016 registrations that is noted as preliminary and subject to revision. The ABS reports a total of 32 drug induced deaths for the ACT in 2016. http://www.abs.gov.au/ausstats/abs@.nsf/Lookup/by%20Subject/3303.0~2016~Main%20Features~Drug%20Induced%20Deaths%20in%20Australia~6
(Question No 781)
Mrs Dunne asked the Minister for the Arts and Community Events, upon notice, on 27 October 2017:
(1) In relation to the answer to question on notice No E17-261, given the 2015 16 artsACT Strategic Plan expired more than one year ago, when was/will a new plan be (a) developed and (b) released.
(2) What process was/will be followed to develop the new plan.
(3) Did/will that process include an evaluation of the outcomes achieved under the 2015-16 plan; if not, why not.
(4) When will the 2015 ACT Arts Policy be updated.
(5) What process will be followed to update the policy.
(6) What are specific examples of the support and advice artsACT has provided to other government agencies in relation to their support for the arts in each of the previous two financial years.
(7) What are specific examples of advocacy artsACT has undertaken for inclusion of the arts in other areas of government in each of the previous two financial years.
(8) Why are there no measurable targets for ACT Government directorates and agencies in relation to the arts.
(9) Is the Government giving consideration to a strategy for inclusion of arts programs in other directorates and agencies; if not, why not; if so, what is the (a) scope and (b) timeline.
(10) In relation to the answer to part (6) of E17-261, what were the targets and outcomes for each of the dot points outlined in the answer.