Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2017 Week 01 Hansard (Tuesday, 13 December 2016) . . Page.. 43 ..
(5) In addition, the membership of the Standing Committee on Administration and Procedure, established under standing order 16, be composed of:
(a) the Speaker, as Chair;
(b) the Government whip;
(c) the Opposition whip; and
(d) a representative of the Crossbench (or if a single party, the whip of that party).
(6) Each committee shall have power to consider and make use of the evidence and records of the relevant standing committee appointed during the previous Assembly.
(7) Each committee be provided with necessary staff, facilities and resources.
(8) The foregoing provisions of this resolution, so far as they are inconsistent with the standing orders, have effect notwithstanding anything contained in the standing orders.
(9) Nominations for membership of these committees be notified in writing to the Speaker within two hours following conclusion of the debate on the matter.
Sitting suspended from 11.11am to 2.30 pm.
MR BARR: Madam Speaker, I advise that the Attorney-General will be absent from question time today, attending the graduation of his son. I will take questions in the attorney’s portfolios.
Statement by Speaker
MADAM SPEAKER: Before we go to questions, I would like to remind people that the standing orders this morning changed the number of questions to a substantive, a supp and a second supp, with a timing of two, two, two—just in case anyone missed reading that report.
Questions without notice
MR COE: Madam Speaker, my question is to the Treasurer. Treasurer, has the government modelled the collective impact of Labor’s and the Greens’ election commitments on the budget? What will be the total impact on the rates, taxes and charges that Canberrans will be forced to pay?