Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2014 Week 13 Hansard (Thursday, 27 November 2014) . . Page.. 4365 ..
g) Specialist Schools:
The Woden School
Black Mountain School
Security fences are being installed at three schools under the 2014-15 program –Arawang, Mawson and Yarralumla Primary Schools.
2) The average cost per lineal meter is $250.00 (excluding GST). However, this cost will vary depending on the total length of the fence, the number of gates, the surface topography and the market competitiveness at the time of tendering.
3) The Directorate has a standard design for perimeter fences at ACT public schools. However, each school is able to nominate an alternative colour. There are variations to the design of some fences, such as new schools which reflect the overall design of the school and for heritage listed schools.
4) The school fencing contracts are tendered and awarded in accordance with the ACT Procurement Guidelines.
5) The Directorate does not have a preferred contractor list.
6) The perimeter fences at new schools are funded from the project capital works budget. New fences at existing schools are funded centrally by the Education and Training Directorate.
Teachers—statistics(Question No 340)
Mr Doszpot asked the Minister for Education and Training, upon notice, on 23 October 2014:
(1) What is the average number of hours per week teachers in ACT Government schools spend in (a) face-to-face classroom teaching, (b) playground supervision, (c) other non-administrative functions and (d) administrative and other non-teaching functions.
(2) What are the comparative statistics in relation to part (1) for non-government, independent and Catholic school teachers.
(3) What are the comparative national statistics in relation to parts (1) and (2).
(4) What is the nature of the administrative and other non-teaching functions.
(5) Does the Government have a policy in relation to the work expectations for ACT government school teachers; if so, what is it; if not, why not and when will the policy be developed.