Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2011 Week 14 Hansard (Thursday, 8 December 2011) . . Page.. 6046 ..
Calvary is committed to HITH being appropriately staffed and supported by reliable processes.
Tourism—policy and funding(Question No 1884)
Mr Smyth asked the Minister for Tourism, Sport and Recreation, upon notice, on 20 October 2011:
(1) How many staff are committed to working on (a) developing policies for the tourism industry, (b) developing and implementing programs for the tourism industry and (c) providing administrative support and other services, to the tourism functions within the ACT public service.
(2) Are all those staff referred to in part (1) located within the Economic Development Directorate; if not, in what other agencies are tourism staff located and if tourism staff are located in other agencies why is this the case.
(3) What funding is provided for the staff involved in (a) tourism policy development, (b) tourism programs and (c) tourism administrative support functions.
(4) What programs are being implemented for the tourism industry and what funding is committed to these programs.
Mr Barr: The answer to the member’s question is as follows:
(1) Australian Capital Tourism has 52 FTE (including casual staff working at the Canberra and Region Visitors Centre) who work across a number of areas including developing policies for the tourism industry, developing and implementing programs for the tourism industry and providing administrative support and other services, to the tourism functions within the ACT public service.
(3) Policy development and tourism programs are delivered by the same staff, which total $4.6m. Business support is $0.5m.
(4) The programs are as follows:
Product and Industry Development
Festival and Events
Canberra and Regional Visitor’s Centre