Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2011 Week 14 Hansard (Thursday, 8 December 2011) . . Page.. 6034 ..
(1) Territory and Municipal Services expenditure on advertising was:
(2) The amount budgeted for advertising for 2011-12 is $0.7m. Detailed budget allocations are determined at the beginning of each year, so information on budgeted advertising for 2012-13, 2013-14, 2014-15 is not yet available.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Elected Body—report(Question No 1848)
Mr Hanson asked the Minister for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Affairs, upon notice, on 18 October 2011:
(1) In relation to the Government response to the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Elected Body Second Report to the ACT Government 2011, did the Government agree, in response to recommendation 3, to provide to the Elected Body annual information on justice outcomes; if so, (a) can the Minister provide this information for 2010-11 and (b) when will the information for 2011-12 be provided to the Elected Body.
(2) Did the Government agree, in response to recommendation 17, to provide an annual report on its progress on closing the gap; if so, (a) when will this annual report be completed and (b) will this annual report be tabled in the Legislative Assembly.
(3) In relation to recommendation 20, what was the total number of (a) Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander trainees and (b) Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander trainees who completed their traineeship, in (i) 2009-10 and (ii) 2010-11.
(4) What were the reasons given for non-completion for those trainees who did not complete their traineeship.
(5) What was the total cost of providing the traineeships in (a) 2009-10, (b) 2010-11 and (c) 2011-12.
Ms Burch: The answer to the member’s question is as follows:
(1) Recommendation 3 of the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Elected Body Second Report to the ACT Government 2011 recommended that:
In line with the National Indigenous Law and Justice framework, the Justice and Community Safety Directorate provide a report on actions and funds allocated and expended to date based on the framework goals as shown below:
• Improve all Australian justice systems so that they comprehensively deliver on the justice needs of Aboriginal peoples and Torres Strait Islanders in a fair and equitable manner.
• Reduce over-representation of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander offenders, defendants and victims in the criminal justice system.