Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2011 Week 11 Hansard (Thursday, 20 October 2011) . . Page.. 4813 ..
(3) Regarding the vehicles used for street sweeping (a) how many are there, by make and model, (b) when were they procured and at what cost and (c) has the procurement of more vehicles been budgeted for and if so, for how many vehicles.
(4) How many staff are assigned to the program and at what cost.
Mr Corbell: The answer to the member’s question is as follows:
(1) All streets are swept at least twice per year. Suburbs with deciduous street trees where there is heavy leaf fall receive additional services during autumn.
Major arterial roads are swept on a monthly basis and minor arterials three monthly.
(2) (a) 2009-$968,510; (b) 2010-$1,034,411; (c) 2011-$737,306 (January to August).
(3) (a) Five; Hino Ranger PRO 9VT; (b) leases began in September and October 2008 on a five year lease. Lease cost per month - $5,505.04 (excl. GST, fuel and maintenance); (c) Yes, replacing five street sweepers.
(4) Five staff; $309,302 per annum.
Community Services Directorate—travel(Question No 1806)
Mr Seselja asked the Minister for Community Services, upon notice, on 21 September 2011:
(1) What was the Directorate’s total spend on travel for the years (a) 2008-09, (b) 2009-10 and (c) 2010-11.
(2) What was the total spend on business class travel for the years (a) 2008-09, (b) 2009-10 and (c) 2010-11.
(3) What is the total funding allocated to travel for the years (a) 2011-12, (b) 2012-13, (c) 2013-14 and (d) 2014-15 and what proportion of this funding is allocated for business class travel.
Ms Burch: The answer to the member’s question is as follows:
(1) Total expenditure by the Directorate on travel is as follows:
a) 2008–09: $511,204
b) 2009–10: $344,431
c) 2010–11: $404,299.
(2) In 2010–11 total expenditure by the Directorate on business class travel was approximately $8,434. Data for the previous financial years is not available in the form and at the level of disaggregation requested. Due to the relatively small dollar value of the request I am not prepared to authorise the diversion of significant resources from the Community Services Directorate’s ongoing business.