Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2011 Week 11 Hansard (Thursday, 20 October 2011) . . Page.. 4799 ..
(3) The Government will consider options for Couranga Homestead during the development of the 2012/2013 ACT budget.
(4) The LDA is not custodian of the parcel of land in which Couranga and Tralee homesteads are contained. Possession of the entire development site has been handed over to BMD Constructions to allow infrastructure works to commence. However, following the theft of historic timber slabs earlier this year, the LDA, acting as a good corporate citizen, acted to engage a security company and erected additional fencing around Tralee homestead to secure the site from further damage.
(5) The Development Application (DA) allowed for a 5 metres landscape buffer for all blocks which back onto the heritage curtilage area. The figure of 5 metres was seen as appropriate by ACT Heritage and the ACT Planning and Land Authority to allow a density of landscaping adequate to provide screening to and from the area.
(6) The ACT Heritage Council required of the LDA that a landscape buffer be put in place to mitigate the negative impacts of the surrounding industrial development. Additionally, the Heritage Council required appropriate set-backs and stepping of building heights adjacent the Slab Hut.
Housing—first home owner grants(Question No 1759)
Mr Seselja asked the Treasurer, upon notice, on 25 August 2011:
(1) What is the budget allocation for the First Home Owner Grant scheme for the years 2011-12 to 2014-15.
(2) How many grants does the budget provide for in each year.
(3) What growth in the number of grants provided each year has been factored in.
(4) What year was the scheme introduced.
(5) What has been the total cost of grants paid each year since its inception, for example, the take up rate.
(6) How many grants were provided in each year since its inception.
Mr Barr: The answer to the member’s question is as follows:
(1) The Budget for the First Home Owners Grant is incorporated in Grants and Purchased Services in the 2011-2012 Budget Paper No.4 Page 161. The amounts for the First Home Owners Grant are as follows:
a) 2011-12: $18.2 million
b) 2012-13: $17.3 million
c) 2013-14: $17.3 million
d) 2014-15: $17.3 million
(2) Please refer to response to Question on Notice No.1702.