Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2011 Week 10 Hansard (Thursday, 22 September 2011) . . Page.. 4446 ..
(b) To date, no money has been recovered from the liquidators of Building Waste Recycling.
Transport—Kingston rail station relocation(Question No 1736)
Ms Bresnan asked the Minister for the Environment and Sustainable Development, upon notice, on 18 August 2011:
(1) What is the cost and timeline for the relocation of the Kingston rail station to Fyshwick.
(2) Are any upgrades or changes being made to the rail site to coincide with its move, for example, expansion or capacity to receive freight.
(3) Can the Minister provide the feasibility study on developing rail in the ACT that was conducted following the 2009 Rail Master Plan.
(4) If the study has not been completed, why not and when will it be available.
Mr Corbell: The answer to the member’s question is as follows:
(1) The Kingston railway station is not proposed to be relocated to Fyshwick. Several sites within the East Lake urban renewal area are currently being considered. Until such time as a final location is decided, information about costs and timelines cannot be provided.
(2) The future arrangement of rail facilities is being considered as part of the planning for the East Lake urban renewal project. Rationalisation of the existing rail infrastructure is being considered in the overall planning for the area to optimise urban outcomes. Planning does not include rail freight facilities in the renewal area.
(3) Not at this time, as the feasibility study has not been completed.
(4) Completion of the study is dependent on a decision on the preferred arrangement of heavy rail facilities in the ACT.
ACTION bus service—MyWay card(Question No 1737)
Ms Bresnan asked the Minister for Territory and Municipal Services, upon notice, on 23 August 2011:
(1) In relation to MyWay, is the Government aware of an issue with the purchase of MyWay cards whereby students or children have been issued with adult cards and been charged adult fares.
(2) If the Government is aware of the issue, on how many instances has this occurred and what is the cause, or are the causes, of this problem.