Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2011 Week 10 Hansard (Thursday, 22 September 2011) . . Page.. 4432 ..
(f) (i) In relation to TCH HITH for 2011/12, business as usual – no expected change to staffing.
(ii) Calvary provides RN1 or RN2 level shift roster coverage from 0700-2200hrs each day with on call coverage from 2200-0700hrs.
Waste—recycling and garbage bins(Question No 1717)
Mr Coe asked the Minister for Territory and Municipal Services, upon notice, on 16 August 2011:
(1) What was the 2010-11 annual cost of collection for residential (a) yellow recycling and (b) green garbage bins and what was the cost of collection per household for each.
(2) How many households in the ACT receive the weekly and fortnightly waste collection.
(3) How many applications were received to upgrade to a 240 litre garbage bin in 2010-11 and (a) how many of these applications were approved and (b) what was the total cost of these upgrades.
(4) How many applications were received for a new set of bins for a new house in 2010-11.
(5) How many lost or stolen (a) 240 litre yellow and (b) 140 litre green bins were replaced in 2010-11 and what was the total cost of these replacements.
Mr Corbell: The answer to the member’s question is as follows:
(1) Based on the most recent invoice for these services the costs are:
(a) The annual cost for 240 litre recycling bins to single dwellings is $3,071,823.60 and the cost per service is $24.73.
(b) The annual cost for 140 litre garbage bins at Single dwellings is $5,292,634.60 and the cost per service is $44.21.
(2) There were 120,841 waste services and 123,199 recycling services provided to single dwellings at 30 June 2011. In addition, there were 23, 986 waste hoppers and 13,639 recycling hoppers collected from multi-unit residences in June 2011. The number of services varies from month to month due to new dwellings and additional services ordered.
(3) (a) None as this service was not available until 1 July 2011.
(b) Not applicable.
(5) (a) 951.