Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2011 Week 09 Hansard (Thursday, 25 August 2011) . . Page.. 3992 ..
b) No interest subsidy scheme funding has lapsed since the closure of the scheme;
c) All unspent funding associated with the interest subsidy scheme has been rolled over into the forward year;
3) Not Applicable. All unspent funds are rolled forward;
4) The Directorate funded the relevant interest component of 48 interest subsidy scheme loans in 2010-11;
5) The payments made to non-government schools through the interest subsidy scheme are dependent upon interest rates and claims from schools. As a result it is difficult to accurately forecast the future payments. However, payments are expected to be within the allocated resources with claims reducing in future years.
Teachers—annual leave loading(Question No 1727)
Mr Doszpot asked the Minister for Education and Training, upon notice, on 17 August 2011:
(1) Do Government school teachers in the ACT receive an annual leave loading; if so, is it guaranteed that this provision will remain in the current enterprise agreement bargaining negotiations.
(2) What is the rate of annual leave loading applied and how many weeks is this applied to.
(3) How is annual leave loading applied to teachers who have not worked a full school calendar year.
(4) What is the reasoning behind annual leave loading being paid.
(5) On what date is an annual leave loading payment made.
(6) What was the total dollar amount paid on annual leave loading in 2009-10 and 2010-11.
Mr Barr: The answer to the member’s question is as follows:
1) Annual leave loading is available for classroom teachers and school counsellors.
a) The provisions for annual leave loading are contained in the ACT Public Service Common Terms and Conditions and are negotiated on a whole of government basis. There is no intention to change this provision in the current round of bargaining.
2) Annual leave loading rate is based on 17.5% of the teacher’s ordinary hourly rate of pay on 1 January multiplied by the number of hours of annual leave accrued during the preceding twelve months service. For a full time teacher the maximum annual leave accrual is 20 days (4 weeks) per year. Leave loading payable is subject to a maximum payment. For January 2011 the maximum payment was $1057.88.