Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2011 Week 08 Hansard (Thursday, 18 August 2011) . . Page.. 3570 ..
(2) Outdoor spaces will be accessible from all parts of the hospital campus. The detail as to the locations of these spaces will be determined during the design stages for the Canberra Hospital redevelopment works.
(3) Within the Canberra Hospital campus, the following planning principles are in place for outdoor spaces:
The landscape should provide a green, calming and friendly atmosphere that is uncluttered and is a quality visual amenity through enhanced way finding and accessibility, and user specific places catering for patients, staff and visitors.
The campus landscape design is to provide ‘a healing environment’ including consideration of:
• Landscape development to soften and enhance outdoor spaces and screen utilities, blank walls and other more functional elements;
• Providing areas to promote a sense of control and privacy, social support, physical movement and exercise as well as an opportunity to interact with nature; and
• Containing elements such as plant material, sunlight and air to stimulate the senses including memory, hearing, touch and smell.
The therapeutic gardens within the hospital will provide a welcoming environment, encourage use and participation by offering options and choices which engender feelings of peace, hope, reflection and spiritual connection by providing opportunities for exercise (active and passive), therapy, relaxation, education and delight.
Health Directorate has a smoke-free policy across all its campuses and buildings. Smoking is not permitted by patients or visitors in any building or within the grounds and car parks of the hospital except within designated outdoor smoking areas. Cigarettes are not sold on the premises. Designated outdoor smoking areas for patients and staff are currently available and will continue to be available. The location of designated areas will be determined during the design stages for the Canberra Hospital redevelopment works.
(4) There are future plans to include outdoor spaces at the Canberra Hospital, however as outlined in questions (1) and (2) the details of these are not yet finalised.
Housing—residential tenancy disputes(Question No 1641)
Ms Bresnan asked the Attorney-General, upon notice, on 23 June 2011:
(1) How does the ACT Civil and Administrative Tribunal decide internally which members hear residential tenancy dispute matters.
(2) How often are ordinary members called in to work on residential tenancy dispute matters.
(3) Which members heard residential tenancy dispute matters in (a) 2008-09, (b) 2009-10 and (c) 2010-11 and how many did they each hear.