Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2011 Week 07 Hansard (Thursday, 30 June 2011) . . Page.. 3189 ..
(1) In relation to question on notice No 546 of 11 February 2010, what decisions has the ACT Government made with regard to the future location of the Housing ACT tenants that live at the Causeway.
(2) What recent consultations has the ACT Government had with the residents of the Causeway about their future housing.
(3) What is the current timeframe for those matters affecting the Causeway residents with its redevelopment.
Ms Burch: The answer to the member’s question is as follows:
(1) The ACT Government has made no decision about the future location of the public housing tenants that live at the Causeway. The Government agreed that there will be some public housing included in the Eastlake development, however there has been no decision on the number of dwellings. The public housing tenants at the Causeway have been advised that if the Causeway/Eastlake area is redeveloped they will have the first offer of the public housing that is provided there. The tenants have also been advised that they can apply for public housing in other locations.
(2) Officers from the Community Services Directorate and the Environmental and Sustainable Development Directorate meet regularly with the public housing residents at the Causeway. In 2011 meetings have been held on 22 February and 24 May. The next meeting is scheduled for 23 August 2011.
(3) The ACT Planning and Land Authority is expected to present a submission to Government later this year on the Eastlake Planning and Design Framework. This will assist in deciding what changes to the Territory Plan need to be made so that development in Eastlake can proceed.
Housing—display villages(Question No 1649)
Mr Seselja asked the Minister for Economic Development, upon notice, on 29 June 2011:
(1) Does the Government have a formal agreement with display home builders to provide them with provisions for display home villages; if so, how many villages have been promised and at which suburbs.
(2) Are there any outstanding villages that are owed to the builders by the Government; if so, when will these be made available to the builders.
(3) What are the current agreements for display villages at developments in Bonner and Molonglo.
(4) What are the marketing and advertising arrangements between the Government and the builders in these suburbs.
(5) Are there similar provisions for display villages in Crace; if not, how are the developments at Crace delivered and is this the Government’s preferred model in future developments.