Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2011 Week 05 Hansard (Thursday, 5 May 2011) . . Page.. 1996 ..
3) See answer to question (2)
4) Organisations that submitted tenders have not been advised of any delays because the Youth Integrated Education and Accommodation Program is expected to be implemented by the end of June 2011 as planned.
5) The preferred provider was announced at the official opening of the new development on 21 April 2011.
Youth—services(Question No 1612)
Ms Hunter asked the Minister for Disability, Housing and Community Services, upon notice, on 7 April 2011:
(1) In relation to the Towards a diversionary framework for the ACT – Discussion Paper and noting that the consultation period for this discussion paper will close on 15 April 2011, can the Minister provide an accurate timeline for the outcomes of the Towards a Diversionary Framework for the ACT.
(2) How will the feedback and subsequent development of a diversionary framework be linked to the (a) Young People’s Plan 2009 - 2014, (b) Modernising Youth Housing and Homelessness Services in the ACT, (c) Youth and Family Service and Delivery Framework, (d) outcomes of the internal Bimberi Review project and (e) Human Rights Commission Review of the Bimberi Youth Justice Centre and broader youth justice system.
Ms Burch: The answer to the member’s question is as follows:
(1) The Department of Disability, Housing and Community Services (the Department) expects to receive a report on the consultation on the Towards a Diversionary Framework for the ACT Discussion Paper (the Discussion Paper) in May 2011. I anticipate that I will then be briefed on the final report in late May 2011. The department will also provide a copy of the final report to the Human Rights Commission.
(2) I and my Department are aware of points of intersection and overlap between issues considered in the Discussion Paper, and the documents and processes listed by Ms Hunter. The Discussion Paper outcomes and subsequent policy development will feed into and be informed by the other documents and processes listed in Ms Hunter’s question.
Youth—services(Question No 1613)
Ms Hunter asked the Minister for Children and Young People, upon notice, on 7 April 2011: