Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2011 Week 05 Hansard (Thursday, 5 May 2011) . . Page.. 1991 ..
(8) The organisers of the National Multicultural Festival were first advised of the restrictions on kava supply by way of a formal letter from the Health Protection Service in February 2010 following the 2010 festival. It appears that this advice was not heeded and further advice was again sent in January 2011 prior to the 2011 festival.
A request from a peak Pacific Island representative for Ministerial exemption to this law was made prior to the 2011 festival, however this was not approved.
Following the 2011 festival, dialogue has ensued between senior representatives from ACT Health, the Office of Multicultural, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Affairs (OMATSIA) and the Pacific Islands community. A joint statement from ACT Health and OMATSIA will be issued to the community shortly. In addition, a joint forum will be held in May whereby community leaders will be invited to voice their concerns and comment on recommendations for further action.
Health—nurse walk-In centres(Question No 1604)
Mr Hanson asked the Minister for Health, upon notice, on 30 March 2011:
(1) What is the total number of full-time equivalent (FTE) nursing staff employed at the Nurse Walk-In Centre.
(2) What is the total number of FTE nursing staff employed at the Nurse Walk-In Centre by category including practice nurses, nurse practitioners, registered nurses and enrolled nurses.
(3) What is the total number of FTE nursing staff for each shift working at the Nurse Walk-In Centre during its opening hours.
(4) How many shifts per day are there for nursing staff at the Nurse Walk-In Centre.
(5) What is the start and end times for each of these shifts.
(6) What is the average number of non-nursing staff working at the Nurse Walk-In Centre during its opening hours.
Ms Gallagher: I am advised that the answer to the member’s question is as follows:
1. The Walk In Centre has 10.04FTE nursing staff employed.
2. There is 1 FTE Assistant Director of Nursing, 1 FTE Nurse Practitioner, and 8.04 FTE Advanced Practice Nurses. There are no practice nurses or enrolled nurses employed in the Walk-in Centre.
3. There are 3 nursing staff rostered on shifts that commence in the morning and 3 nursing staff rostered on shifts that commence at or after midday and that continue into the evening.
4. There are 6 shifts per day.