Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2011 Week 04 Hansard (Thursday, 7 April 2011) . . Page.. 1638 ..
(3) The Government committed funding levels of $1.2 million over four years (commencing in 2009-10) to be made available for the Mortgage Relief Fund. This equates to $300,000 being made available in each of 2010 11 and 2011-12 to service this commitment.
The actual expenditure for this program has been below the committed expenditure levels to date. To 31 December 2010, there has been one loan approved. The success or failure of the fund should not be determined on the basis of the number of loans provided. The fund is meant to act as a safety net. The number of loans is but one measure.
(4) A formal evaluation will be conducted in 2011-12.
Information technology—software licences(Question No 1573)
Ms Le Couteur asked the Minister for Territory and Municipal Services, upon notice, on 17 February 2011:
(1) Is Microsoft software provided to ACT Government staff under a whole of government licence.
(2) What (a) is the cost of the licence, (b) is the number of licences and (c) products does it cover.
(3) Does the same licence cover students in our educational institutions.
(4) Where can the details of the software licence(s) be found on the Procurement Solutions website given that at present only the consulting and services contract can be easily found.
Mr Stanhope: The answer to the member’s question is as follows:
(1) Yes excluding Department of Education and Training (DET) and Canberra Institute of Technology (CIT) who have separate educational licensing agreements with Microsoft.
(2) (a) Individual licence costs are commercial in confidence. The total cost spent on licensing under the agreement is $5,254,008.79 including GST from 1 June 2009 (the start of the current contract period) to 9 March 2011.
(b) 11,000 licences excluding DET and CIT.
(c) Software Developer w/MSDN Premium
Visual Studio Team Edition Tester w/MSDN Premium
Visual Studio Team Suite w/MSDN Premium
Commerce Server Standard
Exchange Server Enterprise Device CAL
Exchange Server Enterprise