Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2011 Week 04 Hansard (Thursday, 7 April 2011) . . Page.. 1629 ..
Answers to questions
ActewAGL—online suggestions(Question No 1398)
Mrs Dunne asked the Treasurer, upon notice, on 15 February 2011:
(1) In relation to Table 3.3 in Auditor-General’s Report 7/2010, Management of Feedback and Complaints, what were the four suggestions made on-line during 2008-09 to ActewAGL.
(2) What consideration did ActewAGL give to those suggestions referred to in part (1).
(3) What feedback did ActewAGL give to the constituents who made the suggestions.
(4) Which of the suggestions were implemented.
(5) To what extent did implementation of those suggestions improve administrative efficiency or service delivery.
(6) If some of the suggestions were not implemented, why not.
Ms Gallagher: The answer to the member’s question is as follows:
(1) I am advised by ACTEW that the four suggestions made on-line and sent to ActewAGL by Canberra Connect were:
1. A suggestion to extend energy concessions to ACT Seniors Card holders.
2. A suggestion for better lighting in a street in Griffith, ACT.
3. A suggestion that the ACT should consider combined heat and power generation.
4. A suggestion to offer free workshops to Canberrans on how to save water in their gardens.
(2) I am advised by ACTEW that:
1. The matter was not considered by ActewAGL and was referred to the Department of Disability, Housing & Community Services as the responsible policy department.
2. The matter was not considered by ActewAGL and was referred to the Department of Territory and Municipal Services as the responsible policy department.
3. The matter was not considered by ActewAGL and was referred to the Department of Environment, Climate Change, Energy and Water as the responsible policy department.
4. The matter was not considered by ActewAGL. The person was directed to information on ACTEW’s web-site in relation to water wise gardening workshops which have been conducted by ACTEW since 2003.