Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2011 Week 02 Hansard (Thursday, 10 March 2011) . . Page.. 826 ..
(6) How many (a) civil and (b) administrative matters were pending as at 30 June 2010.
(7) For each of the (a) civil and (b) administrative matters referred to in part (6), how many matters were pending for (i) more than 12 months and (ii) more than 24 months, as at 30 June 2010.
(8) What was the total expenditure for 2009-2010.
(9) What was the total court fees revenue collected for 2009-2010.
Mr Corbell: The answer to the member’s question is as follows:
(1) There were 1770 Civil Dispute and 82 Administrative lodgements.
(2) There were 2173 Civil Dispute and 114 Administrative matters finalised.
(3) The total attendance figure for Civil Disputes was 1228 and for Administrative matters was 479.
The average attendance for Civil Disputes was 1.70 and for Administrative matters was 1.33.
(4) ACT Law Courts and Tribunal Administration do not record lodgement fees separately for different matter types of the ACT Civil and Administrative Tribunal (ACAT). The December 2010 Statement of Performance for ACT Law Courts and Tribunal Administration does provide an average cost for applications to the ACAT for matters where lodgement fees are payable. For the period 1 July 2010 to 31 December 2010 it was $90. This statement of performance was tabled in the Legislative Assembly on 15 February 2011. This is the first time that this information has been reported for the ACT Civil and Administrative Tribunal.
(5) ACT Law Courts and Tribunal Administration are not able to provide this information as fees and expenditure information is not kept about individual matters or matter types for the ACT Civil and Administrative Tribunal.
(6) There were 864 Civil Dispute and 33 Administrative matters pending as at 30 June 2010.
(7) There were 85 Civil Dispute matters pending for more than 12 months of which 2 were pending for more than 24 months.
There were 7 Administrative matters pending for more than 12 months of which 3 were pending for more than 24 months.
(8) The total expenditure for Output Class 3 Courts and Tribunal as reported in the Department of Justice and Community Safety 2009-10 Annual Report, Volume 2 page 26 was $29.676 million. This total expenditure represents the full cost of ACT Courts and Tribunal Output Class, including an allocation of Departmental support and centrally managed expense items.
(9) Total Court Fees (Territorial) revenue for 2009-10 was $1,872,392 for all Courts (exclusive of the ACAT).