Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2010 Week 14 Hansard (Thursday, 9 December 2010) . . Page.. 6219 ..
Mr Corbell: The answer to the member’s question is as follows:
(1) The table provided within the Executive Summary compares findings in the three forms of surveys (telephone, shopping centre and online). Some questions were supplementary to previous questions in the survey and therefore only responded to by some respondents.
Page 8 states
a. 58% of respondents believed there should be some form of restrictive government action (such as a levy or a ban) in relation to free plastic shopping bags;
b. Of those, 40% supported a compulsory plastic bag levy and 33% supported a ban on the use of all plastic bags.
Yarralumla Brickworks—redevelopment(Question No 1375)
Mr Seselja asked the Minister for Planning, upon notice, on 9 December 2010 (redirected to the Minister for Land and Property Services):
(1) What has been the cost to date for the proposal to redevelop the Yarralumla Brickworks and adjacent land.
(2) When will consultation be complete.
(3) Will the redevelopment be subject to a change of use charge for any developer.
(4) What is the current estimated cost of the infrastructure that will be required for the development.
(5) Does the Government have a policy on the maximum and minimum number of dwellings for the development; if so, what is this policy.
(6) When is the likely commencement date of any development.
(7) When would any development be completed.
Mr Stanhope: The answer to the member’s question is as follows:
(1) The total expenditure as at the end of October 2010 for the current Land Development Agency (LDA) Canberra Brickworks and Environ Strategy project has been $567,155.
(2) The last community information session was held at the Brickworks Site on 4 December 2010 where two options were presented (‘Mothballing’ or ‘Adaptation’). The period for comment has been extended to the 28 February 2011.
(3) No. The land is currently unleased Territory Land. Change of Use charge applies when there is an application to vary the lease. It is anticipated that the land development component of this project will be developed as an LDA estate where individual sites will be released to the market through a competitive process.
(4) Total infrastructure cost including adaptive re-use of the Brickworks and quarry park has been estimated to have a present value of $136 million. This does not include