Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2010 Week 14 Hansard (Thursday, 9 December 2010) . . Page.. 6199 ..
Mr Corbell: The answer to the member’s question is as follows:
Planning—Hume(Question No 1225)
Ms Bresnan asked the Minister for Planning, upon notice, on 18 November 2010:
(1) Who is the anchor tenant for Block 20 Section 23 Hume.
(2) Has the land been sold to the proponents of the proposed development on the site.
(3) Who has the Development Application (DA) for the site and is it still valid.
(4) What changes have been made to the proposal since it was approved on the site.
(5) Will the data centre run 24 hours per day, seven days per week.
(6) What number of turbines will be run and for what times of the day.
(7) Are the proposed turbines the same as was proposed under the original environmental impact statement; if not, what variations will there be in their size and design.
(8) What is the proposed energy use of the facility.
(9) Has the proponent indicated that energy will be sourced from renewable sources; if so, how much.
(10) Will excess power from the data centre be supplied back to the power grid.
Mr Barr: The answer to the member’s question is as follows:
(1) This is a matter for the lessee.
(2) TRE Data Centres Ply Ltd is the proponent for the development of the site and holds an executed lease for the site.
(3) Technical Real Estate Pty Ltd as Trustee for Technical Real Estate Unit Trust was the applicant for the original Development Application,The approval takes effect in accordance with Condition 1 of the Notice of Decision which requires the registration of the Crown lease. The lease has not been registered and as such the approval has not taken effect.The Development Approval is still valid.
(4) Amendments to reduce the stack heights were approved by ACTPLA on 1 July 2010. The amendments were required in order to satisfy conditions of approval to ensure compliance with the requirements of the National Capital Authority.