Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2010 Week 14 Hansard (Thursday, 9 December 2010) . . Page.. 6181 ..
Answers to questions
Finance—departmental loans(Question No 1112)
Mr Seselja asked the Minister for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Affairs, upon notice, on 26 August 2010 (redirected to the Minister for Disability, Housing and Community Services):
(1) In relation to each department or agency within the Ministers portfolio area, what loans were outstanding as at 30 June 2010.
(2) When was each loan entered into.
(3) What is the interest rate and maturity date of each loan.
(4) Who has provided each loan, and how was each loan acquired.
Ms Burch: The answer to the member’s question is as follows:
The member should note that the response to QON 1109,1125, 1126 and 1127 covers the entire Department of Disability, Housing and Community Services and includes the response to Question 1112.
Roads—recycled materials(Question No 1204)
Ms Le Couteur asked the Minister for Territory and Municipal Services, upon notice, on 21 October 2010:
(1) Does the Government use recycled asphalt, or other recycled materials, to build new roads and to perform road maintenance and upgrades in the ACT.
(2) What percentage of roadworks in the ACT are done using recycled materials.
(3) Have recycled materials been used in roadworks in the past, or has it ever been the policy of the Government to use recycled materials.
(4) What assessment has the Government done comparing costs between using recycled materials and non-recycled materials for roadworks and can the Minister provide this analysis.
(5) What plans, if any, does the Government have to increase the percentage of recycled material used in ACT roadworks.
(6) What reconsideration is being done of this policy in light of the Government’s 40 per cent greenhouse gas reduction target.
(7) Has the Government done any work to investigate how Canberra could process asbestos for eventual use as a road base material.
Mr Stanhope: The answer to the member’s question is as follows: