Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2010 Week 10 Hansard (Thursday, 23 September 2010) . . Page.. 4522 ..
nominee of the Department of Territory and Municipal Services. Expressions of interest were invited from the public for membership of the Interim Board of Management, and applications were assessed against specific selection criteria.
(3) Interim Board deliberations to date have been largely concerned with governance issues surrounding the structure of the future Capital Woodland and Wetlands Conservation Trust and are not considered to be of wide public interest. A briefing on the deliberations of the Interim Board can be arranged if desired.
(4) No. See answer to Question (3).
Sport—community infrastructure grants(Question No 1069)
Mr Rattenbury asked the Minister for Tourism, Sport and Recreation, upon notice, on 26 August 2010:
(1) Is the Minister aware that the Commonwealth Government announced the $800 million Regional and Local Community Infrastructure Program, which provides funding to local governments for community infrastructure including local sport and recreation facilities, and has the ACT Government applied for this grant.
(2) Is the ACT Government aware of any community groups who have applied for this program; if so, what groups have applied and have they been successful.
Mr Barr: The answer to the member’s question is as follows:
(1) I am aware of this program, announced by the former Prime Minister in November 2008 as part of the Nation Building Economic Stimulus Plan. There have been three funding rounds within the Regional and Local Community Infrastructure Program, the total amount available being $1.12b. The ACT Government has sought, and received, funding through this Program.
(2) Local Governments/local Councils were able to apply for funding from the Regional and Local Community Infrastruture Program. Community groups were unable to directly apply.
Bicycles—cycle path safety(Question No 1070)
Ms Le Couteur asked the Minister for Territory and Municipal Services, upon notice, on 26 August 2010: (redirected to the Minister for Transport)
(1) What assessment has been done to ensure the safety of the intersection in Dickson, at the point behind the Dickson College, where the bike path ends and a narrow footpath and narrow bridge meet the bike path.
(2) How many accidents is the Government aware of involving bicyclists at the intersection referred to in part (1).
(3) What plans does the Government have to improve the safety of this intersection.