Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2010 Week 10 Hansard (Thursday, 23 September 2010) . . Page.. 4493 ..
Answers to questions
Actew Corporation Ltd(Question No 973)
Mrs Dunne asked the Treasurer, upon notice, on 4 May 2010:
(1) On what date did the Minister receive the board papers for the meeting of the ACTEW Corporation Board held on 13 May 2009.
(2) What documents were included in those papers.
(3) When did the Minister read those papers.
(4) Did the Minister consider that she required a briefing on any particular matters in those papers prior to the board meeting; if not, why not; if so, (a) when did the Minister take the briefing, (b) what matters was the Minister briefed on and (c) what feedback or matters of guidance/instruction did the Minister provide in response to that briefing.
Ms Gallagher: The answer to the member’s question is as follows:
(1) The board papers for the meeting of the ACTEW Corporation Board held on 13 May 2009 were received on 11 May 2009.
(2) The documents included monthly financial and compliance reports, business performance reports, reports on progress of the Water Security Major Projects and other general business papers.
(3) I have not kept a record of the date of when I read the board papers.
(4) I did not seek a briefing on any particular matters in the Board papers prior to the Board meeting as it is standard practice for ACTEW’s Managing Director to brief me in a letter after each meeting.
Education—funding(Question No 1033)
Mr Doszpot asked the Minister for Education and Training, upon notice, on 17 August 2010:
(1) How is value for money defined and implemented in decisions to fund projects receiving the Building the Education Revolution (BER) funding.
(2) What processes are in place to ensure value for money from conception to completion of projects.
(3) Are there best-practice guidelines being used; if so, what are they.
(4) What financial management and accountability systems are in place to ensure value for money.