Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2010 Week 08 Hansard (Thursday, 19 August 2010) . . Page.. 3706 ..
• Worksafety and dangerous goods (including the WorkSafety Awards)
• Cancellations of associations
• Changes to legislative requirements
• Information on the Health Services Commissioner
• Human Rights Survey Ad
• Human Rights Commission Art Award
• Community forum on Rights to Housing
• Community forum on International Human Rights Day
• Promotion of the Human Rights Commission Training Calendar
• Notified the receipt of an application for a change to the register of political parties.
• Supreme Court Public Tours
• Coroners Public Notices
• Advertising the Review of the Human Rights Act
(3) A mix of media was used including television, radio, website and newspaper advertising.
(4) Canberra Pamphlet Distributers, Silver Sun Pictures Pty Ltd, The Canberra Times, Canberra Weekly, Radio Canberra Pty Ltd 2CA, City News, Radio Canberra Pty Ltd 2CC, Nimic Productions, WIN Television NSW, PRIME Television Southern Pty Ltd.
(5) The Department is not aware of whether the above businesses fall within the definition of a ‘small business’.
Utilities—connection delays(Question No 869)
Mr Seselja asked the Treasurer, upon notice, on 25 March 2010:
(1) What is the average length of time it has taken for utilities, including water, sewerage, telecommunications, electricity and gas, to be connected to new homes in new sub divisions in 2010 to date.
(2) On how many occasions has settlement on new homes or blocks been delayed due to utilities not being connected in 2010 to date.
(3) How many (a) staff and (b) ACTEW staff currently work to connect electricity to new homes.
(4) What is the current wait time for electricity to be connected to new homes.
(5) What is the marginal cost of an additional employee to connect electricity at current staffing levels.
Ms Gallagher: The answer to the member’s question is as follows:
1. Water and Sewerage: Water and sewerage connections are constructed by the suburb or estate developer. When work begins to construct a residential property, water and sewerage connections are available for use immediately.