Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2010 Week 06 Hansard (Thursday, 24 June 2010) . . Page.. 2620 ..
(1) (iii) & (iv)
Australian Capital Tourism estimates that partners provided more than $500,000 in in-kind support for the Floriade 2009 event (there were no specific in-kind contributions for Floriade NightFest). For example, sponsors provided activation activities on site including their staff and promotions that added to the Floriade & Floriade NightFest entertainment program for consumers.
In-kind Sponsorship highlights included:
• Lindemans Early Harvest (LEH) – 30 days plus five nights of onsite activity including a fully themed LEH marquee where visitors to Floriade & Floriade NightFest had the opportunity to participate in a flower arranging challenge and sample LEH wines.
• The Australian Sports Commission (ASC) – 30 days of onsite activity including the hosting of an ASC ‘Get involved in Sport’ marquee, which provided opportunities to meet Australian Institute of Sport athletes, get tips for coaching and officiating, see sports nutritionist cook and discover the secrets behind talent identification.
In return for these in-kind contributions from partners Australian Capital Tourism provided:
• Brand alignment with a world class event.
• Exposure to an event with attendance of 350,000 to 400,000 patrons.
• Onsite infrastructure.
• The opportunity to cross promote through Australian Capital Tourism’s marketing activities.
Funding for the 2009 Balloon Spectacular was funded through CMD. Questions associated with its financial performance should be referred to the Chief Minister.
See answers provided above.
Public service—staffing(Question No 881)
Mr Smyth asked the Minister for Tourism, Sport and Recreation, upon notice, on 25 March 2010:
(1) What specialist qualifications are required by staff employed in Tourism to undertake their roles and responsibilities and what skills are currently lacking in this area of the Minister’s department.
(2) What is the average salary for each employee who has a specialist skill that is required for this area of the department to perform their roles and responsibilities.