Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2010 Week 06 Hansard (Thursday, 24 June 2010) . . Page.. 2611 ..
(8) What is the cost, on average, per body meeting for those members to travel to Canberra to attend body meetings.
(9) Why was each member referred to in part (7) appointed to the body in preference to seeking local members.
(10) What was the total remuneration, allowances and travel costs paid to body members in (a) 2007-08, (b) 2008-09 and (c) 2009-10 to date.
(11) Do any members of each body have the use of a government vehicle; if so, (a) on what basis, (b) at what cost, and (c) did the member privately garage the vehicle.
(12) Is the use of a government vehicle included as part of a remuneration determination by the Remuneration Tribunal; if not, who authorised it.
(13) How often does each body meet and what is the average length of meetings.
(14) Does each body ever meet outside Canberra; if so, (a) why, (b) how often and (c) at what cost.
Mr Stanhope: The answer to the member’s question is as follows:
In relation to the Department of Land and Property Services:
(1) There is a Board for the National Arboretum Canberra. Its role is to provide advice to the Minister and the Government on issues related to the development and operation of the National Arboretum Canberra.
(2) The Board consists of:
• Mr John Mackay (Chair) – Chairman of ActewAGL, TransAct Communications Pty Ltd and the Canberra Glassworks;
• Mr Eric Koundouris (Member) – Chairman and Managing Director of The Koundouris Group of Companies;
• Ms Sherry McArdle-English (Member) – Business Woman with extensive experience in the community sector, Chair, Friends of the Arboretum;
• Prof Peter Kanowski (Member) – Professor of Forestry in the Fenner School of Environment & Society at the Australian National University;
• Mr David Marshall (Member) – businessman (TalkForce Consultants and Trainers), Chairman of the Snowy Hydro SouthCare Helicopter Rescue Service Trust Fund, a Board member of the Canberra Business Council and Chairman of the Council's Tourism Sports and Arts Task Force;
• Ms Anne Duncan (Member) – former Director of the Australian National Botanic Gardens;
• Mr Gary Byles (Member) – Chief Executive, Department of Territory and Municipal Services;
• Mr George Tomlins (Member) – Acting Deputy Chief Executive, Strategy and Facilitation Division, Department of Land and Property Services.
• There is no set term on duration of their appointments.
(3) There is no vacancy.