Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2010 Week 06 Hansard (Thursday, 24 June 2010) . . Page.. 2503 ..
(4) The average length of HDA received by staff currently is 7.17 months. This excludes the Training and Development Officer and Team Leaders positions which are only filled on a temporary basis in accordance with Clauses 156 and 157 of the Department of Justice and Community Safety ACT Ambulance Collective Agreement 2007-2010.
(5) Two positions that are filled by staff on HDA have been advertised and are waiting for recruitment processes to be completed.
(6) The average length of recruitment processes from the date of a recruitment request until the date of offer to a successful candidate is 49 days. Information on the time between dates of offer and commencements in positions is not recorded.
(7) This information is not collected separately and therefore is not available.
(8) The cost of advertising is $154,113. The cost of agency hire firms was $30,000 + GST. The response doe not include the cost of recruitment activity coordinated by Shared Services Centre.
(9) One agency hire firm is currently contracted for executive search including advertisement and assistance with recruitment for a senior executive role.
(10) No contract with this agency hire firm will need to be broken to enforce the ACT Government’s policy to freeze recruitment of non-essential staff.
Public service—staffing(Question No 661)
Mr Seselja asked the Minister for Transport, upon notice, on 18 March 2010:
(1) How many staff are currently receiving higher duties allowance (HDA) in the Minister’s department and each agency in their portfolio.
(2) At which levels are staff receiving this allowance.
(3) What is the total value of HDA that has been paid to staff in (a) 2007-08, (b) 2008-09 and (c) 2009-10 to date.
(4) How long, on average, has each staff member currently on HDA been receiving HDA.
(5) How many of the positions that are filled by staff members on HDA have been advertised and are waiting for recruitment processes to be completed.
(6) How long, on average, is each recruitment process in the agency or department, from date of first advertisement to the employee commencing in the position.
(7) What is the average cost of each recruitment process.
(8) How much is spent on advertising and the engagement of agency hire firms and contractors to assist with recruitment on each recruitment process.
(9) How many agency hire firms or contractors are currently contracted to each agency and/or the department and what are the terms of their contract.