Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2010 Week 06 Hansard (Thursday, 24 June 2010) . . Page.. 2501 ..
(8) How much is spent on advertising and the engagement of agency hire firms and contractors to assist with recruitment on each recruitment process.
(9) How many agency hire firms or contractors are currently contracted to each agency and/or the department and what are the terms of their contract.
(10) Will any contracts with agency hire firms need to be broken to enforce the ACT Government’s policy to freeze recruitment of non-essential staff.
Mr Corbell: The answer to the member’s question is as follows:
(1) As at 17 March 2010, fifteen staff were receiving higher duties allowance.
(2) ASO 5, ASO 6, SOG C, SOG B, SOG A
(3) The total value of HDA that has been paid to staff is:
(b) $0.135 million
(c) $0.190 million
(4) 14.5 months
(6) The average length of recruitment processes from the date of a recruitment request until the date of offer to a successful candidate is 73 days. Information on the time between dates of offer and commencements in positions is not recorded.
(7) This information is not collected separately and therefore is not available.
(8) The financial year to date expense on advertising and engagement of agency hire firms and contractors to assist with recruitment is $54,395.25.
(9) The Department has one agency contractor. The terms of their contract cannot be disclosed due to privacy issues.
Public service—staffing(Question No 659)
Mr Seselja asked the Minister for Police and Emergency Services, upon notice, on 18 March 2010:
(1) How many staff are currently receiving higher duties allowance (HDA) in the Minister’s department and each agency in their portfolio.
(2) At which levels are staff receiving this allowance.
(3) What is the total value of HDA that has been paid to staff in (a) 2007-08, (b) 2008-09 and (c) 2009-10 to date.