Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2010 Week 05 Hansard (Thursday, 6 May 2010) . . Page.. 2044 ..
(1) What structures were built for each ACT school, by school name, as a result of Building the Education Revolution (BER) funding.
(2) What was the total cost of each structure referred to in part (1) for (a) design, (b) construction, (c) site management and (d) other admin or miscellaneous costs.
(3) Were all projects referred to in part (1) completed within the time frame required by the Federal Government; if not, why not.
(4) How many of the contractors engaged in the construction of BER projects for ACT schools were ACT based businesses.
(5) Are there any ongoing issues relating to the quality of any construction built with BER funding.
Mr Barr: The answer to the member’s question is as follows:
1) The list of projects by school is available at http://www.deewr.gov.au/Schooling/BuildingTheEducationRevolution/Pages/NationalSchoolPrideProgramResults.aspx for National School Pride projects and http://www.deewr.gov.au/Schooling/BuildingTheEducationRevolution/Pages/P21.aspx for Primary Schools for the 21st Century projects. All National School Pride projects have been completed and as at 18 April 2010, seven Primary Schools of the 21st Century were completed.
2) As I stated to the Assembly on 24 March 2010, I undertook to provide information on the costings at the completion of the projects.
3) Extensions of time were approved by the Australian Government for a small number of projects.
4) Six of the seven construction managers are local ACT companies, and the seventh is a national company with an office in the ACT.
5) No. Any identified rectification work is addressed in the defects liability period.
Government—websites(Question No 845)
Mr Seselja asked the Minister for Business and Economic Development, upon notice, on 25 March 2010:
(1) In relation to the Minister’s department and each agency in the Minister’s portfolio, (a) how many websites are managed and maintained, (b) which websites are they and (c) what is the purpose of each.
(2) Who manages and maintains the websites referred to in part (1) and is this in-house responsibility or the responsibility of contractors.
(3) What is the current annual cost of maintaining and managing the websites.