Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2010 Week 05 Hansard (Thursday, 6 May 2010) . . Page.. 2036 ..
Government—motor vehicles(Question Nos 791, 792 and 793)
Mrs Dunne asked the Minister for Women, the Minister for Disability, Housing and Community Services and the Minister for Children and Young People upon notice, on 24 March 2010:
(1) How many vehicles are currently used by the Minister’s department and each agency within the Minister’s portfolio.
(2) What are the types and sizes each the vehicles referred to in part (1).
(3) How many of the vehicles referred to in part (1) are privately garaged.
(4) How many kilometres are travelled by each vehicle.
(5) What are the insurance costs, including third party insurance for each vehicle.
Ms Burch: The answer to the member’s question is as follows:
The member should note that the response covers the entire Department of Disability, Housing and Community Services
(1) The department has 176 vehicles. Where possible vehicle pools have been created and are available for use across business units to maximise vehicle use.
(2) The types and sizes of the vehicles are;
(a) 112 - 4 cylinder sedans and hatchbacks
(b) 11 - 4 cylinder station wagons
(c) 31 – 4 cylinder multi passenger vehicle (MPV)
(d) 3 – 5 cylinder MPV
(e) 2 – 6 cylinder MPV
(f) 2 – 4 cylinder van (small)
(g) 2 – 4 cylinder van (medium)
(h) 7 - 4 cylinder van (large – modified for clients)
(i) 3 – 4 cylinder 12 seat bus (modified for clients)
(j) 3 – 4 cylinder duel cab utility.
(3) 28 vehicles are privately garaged. The majority of these vehicles are privately garaged due to lack of secure parking.
(4) DHCS vehicles travelled a total of 1,986,000 km in the 09/10 Fringe Benefit Tax period, an average of 11,300 km per vehicle.
(5) All DHCS vehicles are leased under the government’s vehicle leasing contract. Insurance is included under this arrangement.