Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2010 Week 05 Hansard (Thursday, 6 May 2010) . . Page.. 2021 ..
Sport—programs(Question No 715)
Mr Doszpot asked the Minister for Tourism, Sport and Recreation, upon notice, on 18 March 2010:
(1) What is the cost for each sporting program administered by the ACT Government and how many staff are involved in the administration of these programs.
(2) What equipment and facilities are provided for each program.
Mr Barr: The answer to the member’s question is as follows:
(1) Sport and Recreation Services (SRS) delivers a range of programs to improve the sport and recreation opportunities available to the Canberra community. Many of these programs are delivered in partnership with the Federal Government, through the Australian Sports Commission (ASC), under an annual Funding Level Service Agreement (FLSA).
The 2009-10 FLSA between SRS and the ASC is valued at $157,641.75 and requires the delivery of the following national programs in the ACT:
• Indigenous Sport
• Disability Sport
• Sport Programs and Organisational Development (includes Governance, Club Development, Ethics, Coaching and Officiating, Women in Sport and Junior Sport).
Further targeted programs delivered directly by SRS are:
• Kids at Play
• Actively Ageing
In 2008-09 SRS received a four year budget appropriation totalling $612,000 to support implementation of the Actively Ageing and Disability Sport programs.
SRS employs the equivalent of 5.5 full time employees to administer the above mentioned programs.
(2) To cater for the specialised needs of the target audience, equipment is provided for SRS programs as follows:
• Disability Sport program - modified sporting equipment (sports ability kits) provided for use by people with a disability to engage in sport and/or recreation activities.
• Kids at Play – two custom fitted Ford Transit vehicles containing a range of modified equipment catering for children aged 2-5 years
Sporting facilities are not required by SRS for the delivery of its programs.
National Multicultural festival—cost(Question No 716)
Mr Doszpot asked the Minister for Multicultural Affairs, upon notice, on 18 March 2010: