Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2010 Week 05 Hansard (Thursday, 6 May 2010) . . Page.. 2014 ..
Taxation—change of use charge(Question No 702)
Mr Seselja asked the Treasurer, upon notice, on 18 March 2010 (redirected to the Minister for Planning):
(1) How much has the ACT Government collected under the Change of Use Charge to date in 2009-10.
(2) How many individuals or businesses paid the Change of Use Charge in 2009-10 and what was the average payment made by (a) individuals and (b) businesses.
Mr Barr: The answer to the member’s question is as follows:
(1) The ACT Government has collected $5,925,325 in Change of Use Charge from 1 July 2009 to 17 March 2010.
(2) A total of 147 payments have been received. There have been 51 payments received from individuals and 96 payments from businesses. The average payment by individuals was $3,578 and the average payment by businesses was $61,722.
Business—statistics(Question No 703)
Mr Seselja asked the Treasurer, upon notice, on 18 March 2010:
(1) How many small businesses provided goods or services to the ACT Government in (a) 2008-09 and (b) 2009-10 to date.
(2) How many of these businesses were from (a) the ACT and (b) interstate.
Ms Gallagher: The answer to the member’s question is as follows:
1. Currently suppliers of goods and services to the ACT Government, be it via contract or otherwise, are not requested to nominate if they are a small business. The ACT procurement policy is based on the pursuit of value for money and does not discriminate on the basis of turnover, staff or assets of a business.
2. See response to Part 1.
Business—fake identifications(Question No 704)
Mr Seselja asked the Attorney-General, upon notice, on 18 March 2010:
(1) How many fake identifications (IDs) have been handed in to the Government’s regulatory authorities in (a) 2007-08, (b) 2008-09 and (c) 2009-10 to date.
(2) What is the Government’s policy on fake IDs and what action has the Government taken to reduce the number of fake IDs in circulation since 2008.